Friday, February 10, 2017

Barn

You cannot have a farm without a barn; so I built one, from scratch, with no plans except what was in my head. Let me tell you that working up there on the top is scary. 


Once finished there is a ton of storage; two upper decks 10x20 and a bottom concrete floor 20x40. In 16 years I have fillied it up with projects: carpentry, furniture, welding, tractors, lawn and garden, water pumping, hand-made lumber and just stuff. Notice how bright it is inside the barn with the Skylight panels in the roof. There is also a wood stove to warm the place up in the cold weather. That's what I do - cut wood, build furniture and burn the mistakes. The Barn comes complete with wasps.

I was not highly regarded in the community, being an "outsider" from "Dallis", until I built the Barn. Now-a-days the locals introduce me as the guy that built one heck-of -a-barn. Sometimes I go weld-up a plow just to show off when farmer friends drop by.


See the page on Furniture and Young Men for what goes on in the barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment